OpenROV IMU/Compass/Depth Module
This is an open-source, low-cost sensor module that enables highly accurate depth, compass heading, roll, and pitch to be overlaid on the camera stream in the OpenROV cockpit. Having this additional telemetry will greatly help with navigation, gathering relevant scientific data, and allows for closed-loop control commands that will make the OpenROV much easier to fly such as compass heading hold and depth hold. This module is added to the I2C auxiliary wires and can be integrated either during the build process or after the build is completed.
This product requires some assembly, including: Acrylic solvent cement, soldering and epoxy. Please see assembly instructions for more information about the assembly of this product.
- Depth capability with a maximum operational pressure of 30 bar (435 psi, 200 meter water depth.)
- Auto-calibrating compass functionality that trues to magnetic north
- Optimized IMU output for smoother display of roll and pitch
- Provides depth, navigational heading, water temperature and accelerometer/gyrometer telemetry available to the ROV via I2C which is displayed in the OpenROV cockpit
- Can be built with the same tools and methods as used with the OpenROV kit
- Ready to use on OpenROV versions v2.5, v2.6, v2.7, and v2.8
- Acrylic housing
- PCB with 9-axis inertial measurement unit (IMU), magnetometer, and pressure sensor
- Adhesive lined heat shrink tubing (1)
- Hookup wires
Required Tool List (Not Included):
The following links are resources that are relevant to this product.
For any non-standard use of the IMU/Compass/Depth Module, the OpenROV Forum is the best resource for information.
Have questions for us? Please reach out to our support team.