Trident Underwater Drone Full One-Year Warranty
PART I - WARRANTY STATEMENT
For a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase of a new product (the “Warranty Period”), OpenROV warrants to the original retail purchaser of this product, that, if during normal use the product or any of its parts be proven defective in materials and workmanship that causes a product failure, we will repair or replace such defect(s) (with new or refurbished part or products) at our option, free of charge for parts or labor related to the defect(s).
PART II – WARRANTY SPECIFICS
WHO IS COVERED
The original purchaser of an OpenROV Trident Underwater Drone and accessories specific to the Trident is covered by this warranty. For the remainder of this document we refer to these as ‘products’ or ‘Trident.’ We recommend that if you are not the original purchaser, you ask for and retain documentation relating to the original date of delivery of your product. For the remainder of this document, ‘you’ refers to the the original purchaser.
Your PROOF OF PURCHASE is required to be eligible for any support or services that are covered under this warranty. Please retain this PROOF OF PURCHASE in a safe place.
For more information on a transfer of warranty from the original purchaser to another person, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS COVERED
OpenROV warrants that each product listed below that you purchase is free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use during the Warranty Period.
Products that are covered under your warranty:
Trident Underwater Drone Topside adapter
25m tether and reel 100m tether & spool Trident hard case Trident charger Trident trim weights
Trident hook-and-loop tail strap
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
- Superficial or cosmetic issues that do not affect the performance or operation
- Damage caused by improper use, charging, storage, or handling. See the user’s manual for complete information but some specific special considerations follow:
- Prolonged exposure to heat, sunlight, or improper storage
- Not rinsing Trident with fresh water after each dive
- Diving below the operating depth of 100m
- Diving with a low charge on the battery
- Pulling the tether over or through an abrasive or sharp edge
- Usage in fluids other than natural or clean water (fresh or salt) such as oil, wastewater, or chemicals
- Damage caused by accident such as dropping or collision
- Damage caused by wildlife or natural forces such as crashing waves
- Damage caused by shipping or transport after the owner receives Trident
- Damage caused by attempting to disassemble, repair, or modify Trident. There is a factory-controlled seal on every Trident that, if broken, will VOID THE WARRANTY ON YOUR PRODUCT. Trident is extremely difficult to repair without the proper training and equipment. DO NOT ATTEMPT.
- Damage caused by third party products and attachments
- Wear and tear from frequent use. This is particularly important in regards to motors and propellers which should be replaced regularly when Trident is in frequent use.
The warranty lasts for one (1) year from the date on your PROOF OF PURCHASE.
PART III - POST SALE CARE AND SERVICES HOW TO OBTAIN SERVICES
Post-sale services are available to all purchasers and users of OpenROV products. It’s our goal to provide high quality support for our products. There are two ways to obtain these services:
HOW REPAIR AND REWORK IS DONE
First, before attempting any repairs or diagnostics, WE STRONGLY ADVISE that you contact OpenROV support with a description of the problem in as much detail as possible including pictures, videos, and supporting materials. Failure to contact us prior to attempting any repairs may VOID YOUR WARRANTY. Customer service will attempt to identify and work to correct or mitigate the problem. It is also important to back-up any video or data files you may want to keep as they may be lost in the repair or rework process.
If the problem requires repair or rework customer service will make a determination if it is under warranty or not under warranty.
- If it is under warranty, OpenROV will pay for the cost of shipping both ways and repair or replace Trident.
- If it is not under warranty, customer service will provide an invoice for any repairs, replacement, and shipping costs.
- If it is unclear whether the repair or rework is under warranty you can pay for shipping one way to us, after which we will make a determination on whether the problem is under warranty. Once the determination is made the above applies. You may decline the cost of the repairs and have Trident shipped back to you at your cost in its current state.
Repair and rework outside the Warranty Period described above can be obtained from us in the same fashion as above at your cost.
30 DAY REFUND POLICY
A refund can be requested and granted for problems that are determined to be under warranty within 30 days of the purchase.
Trident or other products damaged in transit to the customer either initially or after a repair is eligible for repair, replacement, or refund if the customer can provide evidence that the damage was done in transit and up to a period of 30 days after transit.
YOU MUST RETAIN AND PRODUCE YOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND.
PART IV - LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
OpenROV is not responsible or liable for the following:
- Any loss or damage done in transit other than when item was initially shipped to you or shipped to you after a repair.
- Any data stored on the vehicle on the SD card
- Bodily injuries and/or damages to real property or tangible personal property by improper or unsafe usage.
- Any negative impact on business standing or revenue resulting from use of product.
OUR TOTAL LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT OF YOUR ORIGINAL PURCHASE, and OpenROV is not liable for any incidental or consequential damages arising from the use of Trident.